Top Richest Countries In Africa 2017 and The Richest African Country among them
Just as the topic reads, this is the list of Top Richest Countries In Africa 2017 and The Richest African Country among them. This list is concise and compiled with respect to the countries Gross Domestic Product.
Facts used in compiling this list of Top Richest Countries In Africa 2017 and The Richest African Country was gotten from trusted sources like Worldstopmost.com, wikipedia.org by Bookerpage.com.ng admin.
Below is the list of Top Richest Countries In Africa 2017 and The Richest African Country among them.
10. Seychelles GDP – $1.438 billion, GDP (PPP) Per Capita: $26300, Population 92900
9. Equatorial Guinea with GDP – $9.4 billion, GDP (PPP) Per Capita: $31800, Population 845,060
8. Gabon with GDP – $14.34 billion, GDP (PPP) Per Capita: $18600, Population 1,725,292
7. Botswana with GDP – $14.391 billion, GDP (PPP) Per Capita: $16,400, Population 2,262,445
6. Libya with GDP – $29.152 billion, GDP (PPP) Per Capita: $14,600, Population: 6, 278,438
5. Tunisia with GDP – $43.02 billion, GDP (PPP) Per Capita: $11,400, Population: 11,431,780
4. Angola with GDP – $102.643 billion, GDP (PPP) Per Capita: $7,300 , Population 20,172,332
3. South Africa with GDP – $312.798 billion, GDP (PPP) Per Capita: $13200, Population 54,956,920
2. Egypt with GDP – $330.779 billion, GDP (PPP) Per Capita: $11,800, Population 91,508,084
1. Nigeria with GDP $594.257 billion, GDP (PPP) Per Capita: $6003, population 173,600,000
This list of Top Richest Countries In Africa 2017 and The Richest African Country among them was ranked from the lowest in terms of GDP which is Seychelles GDP – $1.438 billion to the highest which is Nigeria with GDP $594.257 billion.
That not being the case, Nigeria has a very high population and when their GDP is to be calculated per capital in respect to their population they fall to about GDP (PPP) Per Capita: $6003 while Seychelles has about GDP (PPP) Per Capita: $26300 – a huge difference!
Facts to Note about The Top Richest Countries In Africa 2017 and The Richest African Country among them.
Seychelles is among the top ten richest African countries. It is the country with the lowest population on the list, the are just about 93,000 in number as a whole country unlike Nigeria with the highest population on the list with about 174,000,000 people. Only a local government in Nigeria can form Seychelles as a country.
Seychelles as small as it maybe has about just 1% unemployment rate and also ranks as one of the countries in Africa with highest human development index.
The IMF has projected that Nigeria is set to take its place as the biggest African economy as of 2016 overtaking South Africa. Nigeria today holds the 21st position globally in relation to nominal GDP and 20th in relation to purchasing power parity and in 2013 the country was the 1st position in terms of re-emergent manufacturing sector which was the largest globally.
The Top Richest Countries In Africa 2017 and The Richest African Country’s source of revenue.
- Gabon’s prosperous economy has been due to oil, manganese, uranium and timber, exports.
- Egypt’s main exports are crude oil, petroleum products, chemicals, agricultural goods, metal products, cotton and textiles.
- Tunisia major exports depends on products such as phosphates, agri food products, chemicals, textiles among others. Tourism also plays a good rule in their economy.
- Libya has about 96% of oil export so their economy is boosted by oil and augmented petty export of gas and gypsum.
- Angola just like many African countries basically gain from oil exports and about 5% Diamond export.
- Botswana is taking around 7th in this list of Top Richest Countries In Africa 2017 and The Richest African Country among them though the country is landlocked, they still make enough gain from mining activities, mostly Diamond. They are also one of the African countries with lowest Corruption rate.
- Equatorial Guinea’s main source of income is oil export among other sources of their income are activities like farming, forestry and fishing. At the moment, Equatorial Guinea has untapped and undeveloped natural resources which can boost their economy by a significant percent if harnessed. Resources like uranium, iron ore, gold and titanium. This will indeed give them a better position in the list of Top Richest Countries In Africa.
- South Africa is making money from tourism but their economy is mainly boosted by exports such as gold, diamonds, platinum, other metals and minerals, machinery and equipment. The are famous for hosting world cup in Africa.
- Nigeria’s crude oil export marks their economical backbone. Crude oil exports as of 2016 earned Nigeria $74B, petroleum gas earned the country $13B, refined petrol $4.23B, pyrophoric Alloys $1.9 B. The also engage in other exports like vessels, cocoa, tobacco, processed food and spirits and vinegar exports. Corruption is one factors holding down the countries economical growth. We wrote about the list of Top Ten Richest Sitting Politician In Nigeria 2017 and some of the politicians are even richer than the states they govern. You can also take a look at how the Nigerian Naira has been on a constant depreciation from 1972 till date while the most expensive cars and most expensive houses In Africa are found in Nigeria. Though we have the list of Top ten Richest Men In Nigeria who are into business. As a matter of fact, the richest man in Africa is from Nigeria.
- Seychelles’s offshore financial industry, fishing industry and tourism sector has made the country to the list of Top Richest Countries In Africa though not the richest African country.